Good morning, Granby and East Granby. It's Columbus Day, which means a few closings but not many. I'm not sure the real significance of this holiday anymore. A Facebook friend wrote "Tomorrow, I don't have to work as we honor a guy who sailed for India and didn't make it."
Anyone have any other opinion of it?
Here are a few things going on in town this week:
- Today is a holiday! To mark the day, town offices and schools in Granby and East Granby are closed.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Granby Development Commission is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m.
- The Granby Board of Education is scheduled to meet Oct. 16 at 7 p.m. at Central Services. See the agenda here..
- The East Granby Board of Finance is scheduled to meet Tuesday, Oct. 15. at 7:30 p.m. Agenda is here.
- The East Granby Board of Education is scheduled to meet Oct. 15 at 7:30 p.m. Agenda is here.
- The Salmon Brook Historical Society’s Fall Flea Market is Saturday at 9 a.m. at 208 Salmon Brook St. and offers hidden treasures and various food booths. More info is here.
- The Lost Acres Fire Department Open House is at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Meet local volunteers, tour fire equipment and learn about fire prevention. See more here.