Good morning, Granbys! Today is Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, party and party and party YEAH, party and party and party YEAH! May 25, 2012; there are 220 days left in the year.
Last night I won first place in the Society of Professional Journalists for the sports feature I ran on the Granby Memorial High cross country teams dressing in pink for Dennis and RuthAnn Lobo. Here’s the link to the story.
It’s neat to win an award. But it doesn’t make me any better looking (not that it’s possible), smarter (definitely not possible) or, evidently, modest (way beyond possible).
All kidding aside, and I mean this, the true satisfaction comes in the SPJ recognizing a story about such an impressive group of boys and girls coming together to support their coach and his wife, who passed away after a long battle with cancer. Any additional attention that is bestowed on them is most rewarding.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Here’s today’s Granby Senior Schedule lineup: 9 a.m. - Tai Chi, 10:15 a.m. - Cardio Combo
2. The next episode of CT Valley Views is at the Horse Ridge Cellars.
3. The Granby Grange #5 has its monthly Community Dance for everyone ages 10 or above. No experience necessary and no formal garb or gear required. Just wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
4. Splash Dance today at Westminster at 9 a.m.
5. The Granby Memorial High softball team plays today in the first round of the NCCC tournament.