Good morning, Granbys! Today is Dec. 27, 2011; there are four more days left in the year.
Hey, are you familiar with this Snickers ad? Am I the only one who finds this mildly disturbing? Maybe I should lighten up, but I’m not so sure that industrial accidents are funny. After watching this, I don’t want to eat a Snickers, I want to call OSHA on behalf of Roseanne Barr. Don’t get me wrong, I loves me some Snickers. Especially the almond kind. Oh man, I better get me some of that right now.
Anyway, here’s your Daily 5:
1. There’s a referendum today in Granby from noon until 8 p.m. at Town Hall for for the cleanup following the October snowstorm. After FEMA reimbursement, the total cost to the town would be $500,000.
2. The wrestling team is taking part in the Monument Mountain wrestling tournament today. wrestlers will also take part in the tournament as well.
3. The Suffield/Granby Memorial/Windsor Locks ice hockey team takes on Fermi-Enfield at 3 p.m. on the road.
4. in Hartford explores the environmental benefits, beauty, and history of urban trees in Connecticut, through a unique and artistic storytelling display of hand-crafted furniture, photographs of urban tree projects, and thought-provoking facts about Connecticut’s urban tree canopy.
5. Here is the schedule for the Granby Senior Center: Basic Training for Men at 8:30 a.m., Muscle Work for Women at 9:30 a.m., Chair Massage at 10:30 a.m., Community Cafe at 12:00 p.m., and Yoga I at 4:30 p.m.