Good morning, Granbys! Today is Sept. 17, 2011; there are 105 days left in the year.
Hey, ever wonder who would win in a fight between Han Solo and Indiana Jones? Yeah, me too. However, my “friends” - if I can really call them that - always make the same two points whenever I pose the question to them, which is about once every two hours.
First, these “friends” say that neither Han Solo, nor Indiana Jones is real. Yeah. OK. Next you’re going to tell me that “Jaws” wasn’t a nature documentary about the dangers of swimming in the ocean lest a 25-foot great white shark devours you whole.
Second, and this is pathetic, people say that Indiana Jones and Han Solo are essentially the same dude. Really? Then how come Indiana Jones isn’t married to Princess Leia? Doy!
My money is on Han. After all, he made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parecs. Case and closed.
Why, no, I don’t have a girlfriend, why do you ask?
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Great stuff today. First, there’s a tag sale/bake sale fundraiser at the in Granby; all proceeds will be donated to the Children’s A-T Project.
2. The Apple Blossom Book Club meets today at the .
3. It’s Gymnastics Day at the YMCA in Granby.
4. The football team opens its season against Enfield at home at 1 p.m.
5. The Simsbury Woman's Club will be holding its 42nd arts and crafts festival on Sept. 17 and 18.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something