Good morning, Granby and East Granby!
It was great to see all the beautiful faces of the kids entering school yesterday. Some of them didn't look too sure about it but I'm sure they'll find their way. I was impressed at how many teachers there were at Kearns to welcome the students and help them find their classrooms.
Here are some things to know today:
1. The Granby Board of Education meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the Board of Education offices. The board will discuss test scores, a proposed switch to natural gas, give updates and discuss 2013-14 updates. Full agenda can be found here.
2. The Chamber of Commerce is looking for an administrator to work part time for the office. See a description and get more information about the job here.
3. I took photos as students returned or made their way to Kearns Primary School for the first time Tuesday. The office has to review the photos to omit any students whose parents requested no photos be taken so I’ll have those up soon. In the meantime, share photos of your students heading back to school here.
4. The Granby Grange Agricultural Fair and Barbecue Chicken is coming up this weekend. There will be lots of exhibits, a chicken dinner, auction and entertainment by the Old Tyme Fiddlers. More information is here. Poster is attached.
5. Granby Public Schools opened just yesterday but will be closed Thursday in observance of Rosh Hashanah. Read about the holiday here. East Granby does not take the day off.